Have you ever wondered about why so many people are talking about essential oils? Do you want to know why I've been using essential oils for over 30 years and why they form part of my first aid kit and home protection protocol?
I have been using natural essential oils for headaches, skin care, for balancing emotions, inflammation, in recipes, household cleaning and digestive distress. From topical to internal use, my total confidence in the ability of essential to support my family's and my healthy lifestyle is based on the fact that the purist quality of oil, enables a wide range of applications within common safety protocols.
Do you enjoy the scent of a natures blooms, like lavender and roses? Then you’ve experienced the beautiful naturally occurring aromatic qualities of essential oils. These natural aromatic compounds are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants and give plants their distinctive smells, essential oils protect plants and play a role in plant pollination.
In addition to their benefits to plants themselves and their often gorgeous fragrance, essential oils have long been used for food preparation, beauty treatment, and in health-care practices.
Have you ever experienced the bliss and relief of a aromatherapy massage with essential oils, or the wonderful glow that comes from knowing that your skin is benefitting from a toxic-free skincare range? Plus essential oils can be used for a wide range of emotional and physical wellness applications. I love the way you work with essential oils to support your wellness journey too, from relaxation to fasting.
You can be use as single essential oil, or in essential oil blends depending on user experience and desired benefit. Want to learn how to use essential oils? Watch out for introduction pdf on how to use essential oils safely, it's coming your way soon.
I only use doTERRA now, because they offer a high quality, pure and natural, therapeutic grade oils, which are very safe to use. Plus I love some the made-for-you 'blends' (made up from several different oils) they offer. You can order your oils from my site here.
My Top Five Essential Oils
1. Frankincense oil - Often called the “king of oils, ” Frankincense promotes feelings of peace and overall wellness when used aromatically, while topical and internal uses can provide modern health benefits. In addition to its notoriety in the New Testament, the Babylonians and Assyrians would burn Frankincense in religious ceremonies and the ancient Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin. Combine it with a carrier oil, or put a couple of drops in your body lotion container and apply to your skin.
2. Melaleuca (Tea Tree) oil - Melaleuca, or Tea Tree oil, is best known for its purifying qualities.
I use this oil topically on the skin for first aid purposes and for adding a few drops to a basin of water when cleaning for it's protective qualities.
3. Oregano oil - Known as a popular cooking spice, Oregano also acts as a powerful cleansing agent, and offers powerful antioxidants. This is one of the oils I love to use in my raw food dishes.
4. Lavender oil - My all time favourite essential oil. It's versatile uses, include calming and relaxing properties that promote peaceful sleep and ease feelings of tension. Apparently, the Egyptians and Romans used Lavender for bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume. I often lavender oil to my bath water to soak away stress or apply it to my temples and the back of my neck.
5. Peppermint Oil - I love this essential oil for it's high menthol quality. Peppermint oil can promote healthy respiratory function, through diffusion and inhalation. It's also great for your oral hygiene to, as well tasting great by adding just one drop (only) to flavoured water.
I do of course use other essential oils too, and my favourite doTERRA blends include: DigestZen, Breathe, OnGuard, InTune and Immortelle...more about all of that later!
Contact me for wholesale prices, you can save 25% off prices on skin care products and essential oils. Visit my site here for your oils.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE?
You can, as long as you include this complete statement with it: Anita McKenzie, is a Raw Soul Food and Holistic Health Lifestyle Mentor, she is founder of the brand "Sistahintheraw" and "Raw Soul Food" and a leading authority on Raw Food Life Success. If you're ready to jump-start your life, make healthier choices, and have more fun and joy in all that you do, get FREE success tips from Sistahintheraw now at: www.sistahintheraw.com
Sistahintheraw.com provides information on this website as an educational service. The information and reference guides in this website are intended solely for the general information for the reader. The contents of this web site are not intended to offer personal medical advice, diagnose health problems or for treatment purposes. It is not a substitute for medical care provided by a licensed and qualified health professional. Please consult your health care provider for any advice on medications.